Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Weaker Sex

This won't come as a surprise to the ladies in the audience, but I must accurately represent my gender and state that males are the weaker sex. That's right, I said males. Obviously, not in a physical strength sort of way; but in the emotional, spiritual and relational ways that woman are so much better at than us.

Growing up, I was much closer to my mom than my dad. I also had a younger sister who clued me in to some of the ways of women. In addition, at an important point in my development (i.e puberty), I was 6' 2" and 135 lbs. In other words, not a classic example of overt maleness, but more the 99 lb. weakling on the beach in those old comic book advertisements. As such, I didn't feel I could compete for female attention in the typical fashion. I had to do an end-around to garner the attention of the fairer sex. Thank God for Jackson Browne. He helped show me the way to my sensitive/female side. I had a good friend once tell me, "You were metro sexual before they had a term for it." And how right he was. Fast forward some 24 years and here I am wearing a pink shirt with a lime green sweater and garnering a lot of good attention, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, back to my main point about women being stronger than men. My wife and I were at a Project Management seminar recently when a member of my gender stated something about 95% of the people not being able to multi-task effectively. After his comment, my wife leaned over to me and whispered, "95% of the males maybe. Any woman who's a mother has been doing it since her first child was born." And I realized how right she was. Women, by the role they normally play, HAVE to multi-task effectively just to make it day to day.

Recently, I've also been thinking about the sexual aspect of a woman's strength. She has to be strong enough to grant us penetrating idiots permission to enter her body. Think about that gents, unless you're gay or you've spent an inordinate amount of time in prison, you've never been penetrated by anything. Think about how vulnerable a woman has to become to engage in sexual activity. It's truly a miracle that our species has propagated the way it has given how sexually challenged the male gender can be.

In closing, it's only taken me 49 years to figure this out, so don't think I should get any props for this revelation. I just wish I would've recognized it some 30 years ago. If I had, I could have spared myself and the women in my life a lot of heartache. Also, since I've spilled the beans by broaching the subject, I'll probably NEVER get my man card back. Oh well, you guys can keep it as I'd much rather spend my time with women anyway. The company is so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment